Friday, September 26, 2008

2 Wheel Fetish: testblog entry

Testing, testing, 1 . . . . 2 . . . 3 . .

This is my first and only test post of blogspot dot com. Blogging is a weird phenomenon, one I'm ambivalent about, primarily because blogging seems self-centered in a silly way, and seems to contribute to the idea (one that perhaps started with inexpensive cameras and film) that unless you document events in your life they do not really exist. On the other hand, blogging helps me personally naviage immense amounts of information that I would other
wise be overwhelmed by (an information overload that is itself a product of the internet). But for good or ill, here I am, blogging.

This blog is an extension of 2 Wheel Fetish, a website from a while ago with a moderately strong commentary on modernity using bicycles as a lens through which to view urban America. I anticipate this blog will have some of the same goals: writing, sometimes about bikes, sometimes only peripherally related to bikes, that ultimately tries to make sense out of the messy and complicated world we inhabit.

1 comment:

Amator Catholicorum said...

I think this blog needs to get going.